Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I love.....

  • the way you laugh - like a child...wide grin, head cocked to one side.
  • the way you twist your nose and sniff midway in your endless chatter
  • the way you can go on and on and on about tsunami, investments, gadgets, and housing plans, and interest rates.. (how very interesting!..)
  • the small mark on your right cheek
  • the way you always hold my hand while crossing the road 
  • the way your face slopes into a cleft chin.....
  • the way you get dizzy after eating lots of sweetmeats, but you'll still eat...
  • the way you get high after just one drink
  • your hands
  • the fact that you hate reading books, but you'll wait patiently while I read a book cover to cover.
  • that you are as crazy about movies as I am
  • that if I forget to give the old lady at the street-corner a coin, you will.
  • the way you frown angrily when I put my head/hands out of a running cab to wave
  • the way you are conscious of your nose (it's NOT big!) 
  • the way you smile at me
  • the way you dance (so awkward, so very cute)
  • the way you take me to the temple on my birthday
  • the way you make up excuses for my excessive shopping when I start feeling guilty, e.g., 'It's OK. This is the first shopping spree this month...' or 'It's OK. We'll not eat anything for the rest of the month...' :)
  • the way you love my family
  • the way you love me.....

6 comments:

Mandar said...

Awwww.... soooo sweet! :) You are both very very lucky people... :)

amna said...

ohh vaish.. sigh..

now stop blogging before all my readers come here and not to mine!!!

Varsha said...

hmm i wonder who this might be. you pack your posts with mystery i say :)

Thangjam Hindustani said...

Wow...a poem for your beloved! So sweet!!

--xh-- said...

ur dear friend or sibling? nice dedication nd post

Nandini Vishwanath said...

:) Don't we know who this is! Love you V for this post. This brought tears. Really.

A 3rd 'person' view of me...

She's scared of the lizard. Again.  I know she is not the sort to scare easy, but lizards somehow get to her. Horror stories, horror mov...